Thursday 6 December 2012

December 6th and the White Ribbon Campaign

For a school assignment I was given a template for a newsletter and asked to write about a charity/NGO of my choice. I chose the White Ribbon Campaign, a Canadian started campaign to end violence against women. For my newsletter I was asked to provide information about the organization as well as write a number of articles about it.

Today is December 6th, the National Day of Remembrance for Violence Against Women. The White Ribbon Campaign begins on November 25th, and ends on this day. In Canada, this day is meant to commemorate the victims of the Montreal Massacre, which is the event that first sparked the campaign. This is usually the day the WRC and other charities have their campaigns set up, or hold demonstrations or memorial services. I first became involved with WRC in highschool, when my school would hold memorials. Ending violence against women is a very important cause to me. I think the WRC is a very important campaign because not only does it support women's programs and shelters, but it also educates men and gets them involved.

I wrote my newsletter for school as an assignment only, to learn how to use a template and to write about and for a charity/NGO. My newsletter is not endorsed by the White Ribbon Campaign.









If you click on the images, then right click "view image" you should be able to see them full size.

For more information about the White Ribbon Campaign please visit their website at http://www.whiteribbon.ca/



No comments:

Post a Comment